Workspace Safety and Emergency Response Information
Emergency response signs containing the information below should be posted in all areas where hydrogen is stored or used.
In the event of an emergency, perform the following actions:
- Warn others of the adverse conditions.
- If it is safe to do so, isolate the flow of any flammable gases.
- Evacuate the facility and remain at a safe distance. Be available to provide relevant information to emergency responders regarding the nature of the emergency, the location of hazardous materials, etc.
- Call for emergency response (typically use a phone to dial 911).
- State your location (facility name, address, phone number, nearest cross streets, and location where emergency vehicles should enter the facility).
- Briefly describe the nature of the emergency (e.g., fire, explosion, medical).
- Describe specific injuries or damages.
- Stay on the line until the 911 dispatcher instructs you to hang up.