- OSHA guidelines for hazard communication apply to hydrogen.
- General training on hydrogen properties should be provided to all employees who might be exposed to hydrogen, including operators who may not be authorized to operate the fuel cell vehicles, but will work in the area where the vehicles are stored or operated.
- An MSDS for hydrogen should be made available to all employees.
- Specific training on safe operation of the hydrogen refueling system should be provided to all employees who will operate the refueling equipment.
- Local first responders should be trained to respond to incidents involving hydrogen, including the use of gas detectors and thermal imaging cameras.